- Recognition. Everybody needs recognition, this also includes salespeople. Don’t let their bonus be the only recognition they receive. Recognize the small wins, the activity and effort they put into achieving their goals. Daily drops of recognition will lead to high levels of motivation.
- Support. For salespeople to achieve success, you will need to set them up for success. Make sure you give support along the way and align what kind of support each team member needs. Create a safe environment by letting them know it’s ok to make mistakes, the most important thing is to become better and find a solution. A culture of growth will boost their performance and increase your sales.
- Measure. “To measure is to know. If you cannot measure it, you cannot improve it” – Lord Kelvin. Salespeople need to know where they are and where they need to be. Measure different aspects of the sales process like conversion rates, number of calls to clients and prospects, meetings and deal sizes. When they know their measures, they can increase their own performance.
- Be Enthusiastic. Enthusiasm is contagious. When you bring energy to the room, your salespeople will get a boost and excited to start their day and hit their targets.
- Integrity Matters. The silver lining in sales is to keep operating with integrity and don’t comprise a your own values for the sake of the sale. How we deal with mistakes, speak about our customers, treat our colleagues and hold to our agreements will have a huge impact on how salespeople respect both you and the company.
Five Simple Ways to Get the Best out of your Salespeople